After school he said he was sooo tired of telling his story about what happened so I had to take another picture because it had changed again.
It was a long game for him. He couldn't catch because his helmet hit to close to his eye. He is the team catcher this year and is doing a great job!! They don't have a back up catcher but after this happened they have been trying some others. They did have a replacement but he really doesn't like to catch. One of the other players, our pitcher, tried at practice and told Elijah. "Boy you make it look easy behind the plate but it isn't!" I told him that was a big compliment. Elijah tried his hand at pitching but he said "that isn't where I belong I'll stick to catching!" The season goes till after the 4th of July then we are out of sports till November. It's busy but I still miss it when it is over! If they get a trophy I'll try to put a picture on later on. His eye is still pretty dark but he's ready for the next game on Tuesday. This team is pretty good and we play on their field at Reedsville. They haven't won any yet but the last game they played really well. If they keep it up they can start winning. So keep your fingers crossed and cheer them on from wherever you are I'm sure they'll feel it!
1 comment:
Nice posting Anita! Well done! I love to keep up with you guys. I'm excited about Nicole's party this weekend!
Post a Comment