I"m glad that I can share our photos with you!!

I hope you enjoy looking at these! Let me know that you saw them!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

End of 3rd Grade at Aurora Elem.

Elijah had a great year as usual, but one of his favorite things during the year was being in the drama club. He was in a Christmas program this winter and joined again in the Spring. They didn't have time to practice and learn a play so instead they did some skits along with the band and recorder classes.








This was the song that he had a solo in along with Paige the girl in the pink. The song was "surfer dude's" the reason for the shirt he is wearing. Good singing!










Another part of the proram was playing the boomwackers. They are tubes that are each tuned to play a certain pitch. It teaches the kids how to read music because they have to watch for thier note to play. Elijah enjoys it but he says that it is kind of hard and he has to concentrate so he doesn't miss the notes.











Some of the songs they did were from the 50's and you can't really tell in this picture but they are doing the song "Splish, Splash" and he has a towel behind him pretending to dry off. The kids all had a lot of fun doing this song.












And finally his favorite song of all!! It was called "Yakin on a Cell Phone" and he got to use and show off his very own cell phone he had just gotten a few days before the program! This was taken in the evening at the program for the parents and the community. He moved around so much during the afternoon show that I couldn't get a picture that wasn't fuzzy, but I got this one.






This is the Aurora Elementary School Drama Club. They are small but mighty and they have a lot of fun together! Good Job kids! I hope they perform again next year!


Elijah had some problems with his multiplication facts this year and for the first time had one grading period that he didn't get straight A's but at the end of the year......He did it again! Straight A's on his final report card and was awarded with a new All Star Bears T-Shirt. He met his goal again and I'm sure will do it again next year. He will have a new teacher that is also new to our school because we had two teachers to retire this year. But I'm sure he will do well as usual. That pretty well sums up the end of the year at Aurora keep watching for more entries. I hope to do another page before we have to send the laptop away again to get it fixed. If not I will do another update ASAP.




































































































































































































No comments: