I"m glad that I can share our photos with you!!

I hope you enjoy looking at these! Let me know that you saw them!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Washington Vacation

We started out Yesterday about noon and had to make some stops in Oakland and Finally got on our way about 1:00 after we stopped and fed Ingrid's fish. We arrived at our hotel in Largo, MD about 5:00. We are staying at the Radisson and it is really nice! We got a rollaway bed so that nobody had to sleep on the floor but we had to rearrange the furniture to get it to fit! We had to move the sofa bed sideways so that it and the rollaway could be side by side.

We moved the furniture back before we left this morning so they could clean. Today we went to the Zoo and Arlington Nat. Cemetary. It was sooo hot! We had a good time. The first thing that was exciting for the kids was the metro. Julia got pretty nervous when she realized that it was underground mostly and we didn't even tell her until later that it went underwater too! She did fine after we got started. The exit at the Zoo was exciting because of the giant escalator ride as you will see...



It took us over 2 minutes to go down this one! The picture below is of the inside of the metro station while we waited for the next train.


The first thing we did today was go to the zoo. Elijah took a lot of the pictures here today and he got some good ones! I will post some of the best ones under this post. It was a long walk and we didn't miss much of the zoo. The kids loved the misters! It was hot and that cool water really felt good! The animals weren't the only ones who needed cooled down! The pandas were sooo beautiful! We almost didn't see them because they were outside. Just as we went to the end of the hallway we saw where they were watching them on cameras and realized the mother was just coming back inside and we ran back just in time to get this picture and video! How cool!!




We were also able to see the new baby gorilla. She was just born in July and was soo cute! She was hiding in the back of the cage with Mamma but then she got up on moms back and mom brought her right up to the window in front of us. It was like she knew we wanted to see her baby.













My favorite animal at the zoo...the elephants! I wish they would have been doing some tricks with them when we were there but I just love to watch them. They are so graceful for as big as they are.


They look kinda sad but they are really magnificent!












I had to get a picture of our group one time at
the zoo. They weren't real happy with me
taking it in here because we were inside the
elephant house and OOOH! the smell!
I had to take it fast!
Here are some of our other favorite animals from our trip.

This guy got a bigger picture because he was huge! as wide as the door he was going out through! I thought he was amazing. Just a little bigger than elijah's turtles! At least I hope his don't get this big! We'll have to move out and let them have the house !


I have soo many more pictures that I could put on here but it is getting late and I'm starting to make mistakes in my typing and it is taking forever for me to get the spelling right! I'll stop for now. The next part will start with Arlington National Cemetary. That was something too!














































No comments: